PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ohana to Hawaiian Airlines Agreement
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 12:23
IllinoisDavidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I read your original post wrong bafanguy.

When I looked through the links provided, the program appears to be hiring for both captain and FO positions. Unless I am reading something incorrectly, it looks like my husband would fly with Ohana as a FO until he gets promoted to a captain position--after flying 1000 hours with Ohana (unless flying with Ohana doesn't fall under Part 121). Then he could fulfill the 200 hours required to fly as captain before transitioning to Hawaiian.
  • Complete a minimum of 400 hours (of which 200 hours must be as Captain at ‘Ohana) of flying the line as a pilot for ‘Ohana in the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the class date offered by Hawaiian Airlines
I understand his EASA TPIC hours will not be counted as legitimate PIC hours in the US since he was always flying with a commanding officer (i.e. captain). However, they would be considered as flying hours, correct?
Looking through the requirements for FO candidates with Ohana, this is what I understand:
1) 1500 TT (flying hours, correct?) My husband definitely fulfills this.
2) 250 PIC (It looks like none of my husband's turbine flying hours, under his EASA license, will be considered PIC. However, he did train in the US, flying under an FAA PPL, accruing 105 PIC hours with a propellor aircraft. Would this be considered? If so, he would need to somehow accrue another 145 PIC hours to fulfill this requirement.)
3) 50 MEL (This is for multi-engine I imagine. My husband fulfills this.)
4) And of course valid FAA licenses and medical. Which he would convert before applying to this program, if he decides to go this direction.