PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing drop at stall
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 05:33
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The same happened in the UK, I'm pleased to say. Ab initio spin training was killing instructors.

I had to demonstrate spin recovery for my initial issue Instructor rating. Since then, during a revalidation, I have had demonstrated to me aileron reversal from a turning full-power stall in a C152. The examiner very carefully turned to the left. At about 30 deg AOB and a silly pitch attitude, the right wing gave up lifting and we snapped pretty quickly to the right - 'you have control - recover'. Actually, it entered a spiral dive to the right as balance had been maintained throughout so recovery was pretty easy even though the aircraft had dramatically changed both pitch and roll attitude. I think the examiner had practiced this a lot to get it to go just right. I'm pleased the examiner saw fit to show me things that are outside the strict syllabus with a detailed de-brief of how not to let the student get you there. We have the option to attend a 2-day seminar every other revalidation. I've been to one and won't again. I get far more value from a day with an examiner, even though it takes me outside my comfort zone (and is more expensive).

Where is the value in a seminar, anyone?

TOO