PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Flight Instructor’s Exam
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 04:13
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by The name is Porter
What's that? You were..........wr..wr..wrong?

Yes. I'm always happy to put my hand up when I'm wrong. Are you? Lets investigate.

Point 2. You've bolded two words, are you going to consider the whole sentence? Probably not, because it suits you not to address the points made.
I did, but seeing as its clear you wish to argue black is white, lets go over it again. The whole sentence is ;

"No guidance material, present instructors who haven't done PIRC teaching it to those who need to pass it for the rating?"

Explain to me where in that sentence any context nullifies your declarative statement of there being no guidance material? The greater paragraph itself is simply a shopping list of criticisms of the exam, nothing more substantive than that.

Further, you claimed "someone else said that". Who ?

Not my finest moment when you consider grammar, language and sentence construction.
Oh the irony of claiming that the PMI exam is a waste of time, then entirely failing to communicate a simple idea. If only there existed some kind of text that would have assisted you with communicating your meaning? .......

https://i.imgur.com/WqM6hL5.png

heh.

The 'no guidance' remark was the thread starter commenting that there was.........no guidance material.
So you were rebutting the original poster? You decided that the best way to contradict his claim that there exists no guidance material, was to include your assertion in a wider paragraph that serves to do nothing but attack the validity of the exam, and within a sentence that makes absolutely no further reference to the existence of said guidance material. You simply
​write 'no guidance material' and expect a reasonable person to believe that this is somehow you disagreeing with the tone of the entirety of the remainder of your paragraph!?

Missing PMI certainly seems to have come at a cost, wouldn't you agree?

Your point that the exam hasn't changed in 15 years in itself is a problem.
Whoa there sunshine! Did you think you can just turn 90 degrees to the argument and I simply wouldn't notice? Whats point 1?

"Point 1. The PIRC exam in it's current format has been around for decades has it? Don't think so, oldmate Ascend Charlie pointed that out."

That the lack of change is a problem or not is irrelevant to your claim. I put it to you that the exam has not changed in any material way in 15 years at least.

This is not a new exam CASA is foisting upon new instructors. Its the same old thing that has been around for yonks.

You can't be serious suggesting the PIRC exam prepares a Grade 3 for instructing? Name one Instructor who will say 'The PIRC course was awesome, it really set me straight on instructing'
As a sole preparatory aid? Of course not. But its certainly useful when used in conjunction with the rest of the syllabus for the preparation and training of new instructors. The FAA handbook and other texts provide valuable information on the principles and methods of the job of an instructor. Some of its not useful, but a lot is. There is no harm in reading and learning from the book. Some will be helped more than others, but to suggest its entirely useless, or a hindrance, is ignorant.

Better advice from you would be advising all instructors that have airline pilot ambitions how you got accepted into all the 'majors?' That's no mean feat, probably hasn't been achieved by any Australian pilot? You're awesome.
Any prospective instructor is more than welcome to PM me for advise on their airline application. I'm always happy to invest time helping other pilots. Its why over 1,800 people use the Pilot logbook I created and gave out for free, yourself included.

And though the malice in your last paragraph is boorishly transparent, ill still reply. Airline application processes are a game. No more. Don't crash the sim, don't be a ******** in the waiting room or interview, understand what SAR really means and wear a good suit. Simple stuff.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 30th Aug 2019 at 07:55.