PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2019, 15:22
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Baker Street
LTNman LLAL are sending out letters to us folk in South Luton. Why do they need confirmation of our interests in any particular land? You are in the know so thought it best to ask you first as you may have received the same letter?
If I was your neighbours I would start getting worried then but it would be ironic if airport expansion directly affected you as it is all about complying with a Development Consent Order which is needed for airport expansion. Sounds like you and your neighbours have been identified as people who are going to suffer under the proposed expansion plans. Might be road traffic blight (unlikely) or more likely extra aircraft noise. Also LLAL have been buying up land in random area's for reasons that are not apparent. Maybe there is a piece of this land near you that is linked to airport expansion. This might seem far fetched in your case but they have bought land in Hertfordshire for a replacement park. This park would be covered by a DCO so Herts County Council could not stop it. Don't know anyone that has received a letter in my neck of the woods but then they might be sending letters out in batches to different areas first.

Read this.
https://www.llal.org.uk/Documents/LR-guidance-sheet.pdf