PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Aug 2019, 13:12
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B777FO
Hello! I have some questions about Qatar. Well, I am flying B737NG at the moment as a FO and I have an estimated time for upgrade for a captain position in about a maximum time of two years from now. So now I have the minimums for applying for Qatar. I would like to fly the triple seven, the questions I have are about after completing the pilot screening if they call me to fly the 777 or 787, can I choose any of them? What about the time for upgrating for a captain position there and the requirements? What is the salary base and top and how much per hour in USD for FO? Do they have eCrew system or something like that where I can request flights for some destinations? (the company I am right now I can bid some fligths, for example, if I ask JFK, that is gonna be a bunch of JFK`s on my schedule for the next month). Talk about the benefits on the country and for flying back home or leisure flights. Thanks.

if they call me to fly the 777 or 787, can I choose any of them?

No, you’ll be put on any fleet they require you and this could be after you arrive and not the fleet mentioned on your offer letter.

What about the time for upgrating for a captain position there and the requirements?

Cant comment as it’s company policy. For new joiners anything below 5 years is a bonus. I would plan on 5-6 years but it changes as time goes by.

What is the salary base and top and how much per hour in USD for FO?

PPJN is pretty accurate

Do they have eCrew system or something like that where I can request flights for some destinations? (the company I am right now I can bid some fligths, for example, if I ask JFK, that is gonna be a bunch of JFK`s on my schedule for the next month).

Yes we do and also a flight swap request application

Talk about the benefits on the country and for flying back home or leisure flights.

Can earn good money, see the world. If you join here, you should plan to live here and accept the country. It’s not difficult. Many have been here for years and have no intention of leaving. Some love it, some hate it and some tolerate it. Those that hate it only last a couple of years and then thankfully leave.

You say you would love to fly the triple ? Really, why ? If flying the triple is more important to you than anything else, I suggest you think long and hard before coming here.