PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 29th Aug 2019, 05:24
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the pilot was thrown to the wolves (CASA) with no support from the company.
I’ve asked about this and its scaremongering.

If you feel you can extend then do so if not get off.

The problems started in 2014 ish when a certain chap started sitting people at airports all day then flying them home at max duty -15 minutes. Rosters and crewing practices followed on the downhill slope to gain “efficiencies”. Crew responded with sick leave, inflexibility and not extending.

With SA now appointed permanently as COO I would expect practices to improve in the long term. There is no point pretending like we are still at Brighton Le Sands because we’re not. Certainly there’s room for improvement but it will take time.

Totally get the frustrations but I just say judge it on the day. Having a blanket angry policy just isn’t healthy.

Would they be able to transfer back to VA or would the be given redundancies like the rest of the TT crew?
Transfer back GDOJ would be my guess. It was all outlined in a company email and also in union newsletters. The company isn’t closing Tiger, if anything looking to fix things and have it around for the long term.