PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 28th Aug 2019, 09:25
Servo

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Ground handling: some of it is contracted out, time for the rest of it to be contracted out. A waste of money employing staff on the actual VA payroll. Take load controllers, duty managers, operational management, training also. Contract it out.
I think it should be the opposite. Every contract company throughout the network is useless. Never enough staff, running between aircraft, even serving the opposition at the same time. Always new people, with little to no training and no idea.

I do not consider OTP a priority but get into the Gold Coast 10 minutes early and nearly always leave 10 minutes late.

I feel for the 750 staff, not nice to lose your job. A lot of us on here have been there. BUT, I have no doubt there are a LOT of people doing sweet f^&ck all day in and day out. One thing the airline has always been good at, is creating positions for people that do not really make any difference to the operation one bit.

Paul has certainly been given a poisoned chalice. I hope he can come through with the goods.