PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2019
Thread: NPAS News 2019
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2019, 21:06
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
TC you have not been keeping up with your reading tasks have you?

Disappointing, I had you listed as THE other reader....

Mr Joyce, if that is whom you are enquiring after, is fit and well and running another department now. The pain from the tap on the wrist with a fluffy feather having now gone. I believe there are those that thought there was going to be a result that they would cherish.

Anyway we have another leader of menin position now and I have had no reports as to whether the experience is good or bad. He has not been in post long and I am unsure whether the transfer of power from the stand-in, OD, has actually taken place yet. So much to learn to be the Accountable Aviation Manager.

The organisation seems to be have many pilot retention issues.... but that is pretty common everywhere these days. Why work for an evil taskmaster when there are many to choose from?

NPAS Doncaster is still not operational [they also need many pilots of the fixed wing variety]. There again it is supply and demand, theycan pick and choose their employer based on elements nothing to do with actually flying and near neighbours [2Excel and DEA] seem to be offering a cushty surveillance job if they want one..... Operations commence in January 2020 but I still await the sight of a circling P68R near London to convince me that might happen.

In direct contrast the Cayman Islands goes from strength to strength. Their EC135T1 is beyond economical repair so they now have a nice newish H145 in service an another one on order. I would suggest that is what happens when the operator has the confidence of the bean counters..... they find the money. That is how police air support in the UK used to exist.