PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexjet Europe starts up
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2019, 10:22
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I interviewed there recently. I did the sim first on a Citation XLS I think, cant remember but it was one of those smaller corporate jets. They do not give you a profile before you arrive but give a fairly thorough briefing before you go to the sim. A bit of a funky aircraft but was fun to fly. My sim and my partners went well, we were both pretty accurate on what we did.

The day started off with us showing up at 8.15am, meeting the HR lady Sarah and another line captain who talked to us about the company, day to day issues and answered any questions we had. The final salary for both CA and FO is still in negotiation but was told it will be finalised this coming week and would be told how much.

After the sim we had about a 30 min break to have a drink of water and some lunch which they paid for, rather nice of them and made us feel welcome and relaxed all day.

Then we had the face to face interview, took us one at a time for about an hour each. All in all the day was about 6 hours long for 2 candidates to be interviewed and completed. We were bone by 2.30pm

Face to face was about getting to know you and how you think, what are your priorities in aviation, putting the customer first, safety and some tech questions like approach ban, fuel requirements, gen failures and how you have dealt with bad situations in the past and your understanding of corporate aviation.

The sim consists of a climb out, clean up at acceleration altitude, get to 4000, steep turns, climb and descend at 1000fpm and 200 knots, an ILS and a V1 Cut. Really not as bad as it sounds and they are very understanding, know you have not flown that plane and make it clear they are not looking for IFR TEST STANDARD but they do expect you to identify mistakes and correct them.

Like any other sim assessment, can this guy be trained and does he learn from mistakes, is there progress etc? The rotation is 7 on and 5 off with travel on day 1 and 7, never on your off days, so basically 6 nights away and 6 nights at home if you include day 7 which is your go home day.

Overall I think it is a very fair interview and they are straight forward and honest with you.