PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 24th Aug 2019, 19:05
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A and C
I simply cant understand what part of the colourless odourless gas part of the Description of CO people on this forum have not got into their brains.

Each year I see in the press tragic events from CO poisoning from gas stoves, central heating boilers and other combustion sources , there are a great number of regulations in the industrial and domestic environments, this reflects the danger that the authorities see CO poses to the users of such equipment simply because of the subtle way CO incapacitates it’s victims.

Both the aircraft manufacturers and aviation authorities recognise the danger of CO and put in place regulation mitigate the risks .

Yet with all this evidence some above think they will smell the CO and be able to something about is, perhaps the only comfort we can take from this attitude is these people will simply not know what killed them.
https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/me...ade-review.pdf

Here is an extract from it:"Safety challenges For the 20 per cent of respondents who believe gas safety has worsened, eight times out of ten they say it’s because customers are getting gas work done on the cheap. Illegal gas fitters – people who work on gas who are not Gas Safe registered – and under-skilled engineers were given as key reasons by those who thought gas safety had worsened. Illegal gas fitters are believed to be cheaper, so consumers need to be aware of the risks they are taking to save money. A few training bodies mentioned that some training is less thorough, although not all think this is the case, and others cited under-skilled gas engineers. "

The irony in this case is that the pilot was a heating engineer who one would have expected was well versed in the case of Gas Safety, but seems he may have succumbed to the effects of a faulty heater whilst conducting what appears to have been an illegal flight on the cheap one might say, rather than pay the going price charged by an organisation fully licensed and approved to do the job safely.