PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 23rd Aug 2019, 04:15
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Sunfish- Safety argument

Hi Sunfish and others.

In actual fact CASA don't even have a safety argument.

For complete clarity for everyone. There have never been any allegations related to safety raised by CASA. The Manager of Regulatory Sevices and Surveillance said repeatedly that "CASA do not see any safety risk". There have been no safety breaches at all. In fact the CASA action demonstrably reduces safety.

That's why this entire thing is so crazy. I was operating my business, as I had been for 15 years, and the last 18 months of that in the new CASA approved format in the APTA model. The exact format that CASA helped me write over two years.

I had a change of CMT from CMT 2 to CMT 3 (the CASA oversighting teams)

As soon as I was notified of the CMT change, I requested a ONE on ONE, ON THE RECORD (not off the record) meeting with my Regional Manager to express concerns that a CASA Flight Operations Inspector (FOI) on my new team CMT 3, may act to bring harm to me and my business. That meeting proceeded.

That same person that I raised concerns about from my new CMT then initiated the action that

placed an "expiry date" on my business of 7 days. Over the last 9 months that CASA issued "approval for INTERIM operations" was as short as a minute by minute verbal approval, and never longer than 7 days.

prevented me from marketing by making allegations of "misrepresentation" against CASR 117, which CASA refused to substantiate despite repeated requests. refer post 222 for details.

prevented me from taking on customers

CASA refused to process tasks such as renew simulator approvals, add on courses and authorisations that we are entitled to deliver and CASA is compelled to approve unless on safety grounds.

The impact of those actions on any business, in any industry in Australia would be catastrophic, as it was for mine, and especially for a staggering 9 months while CASA tried to work out there confusion.

For perfect clarity. That action was initiated by a change of opinion by the FOI in my new CMT. The very person who should be enhancing safety by building relationships with industry. He chose not to even approach me about his concerns, but rather initiate an action on audit results that were never provided to me, and are substantially flawed.

A life long ambition, business and livelihood destroyed on a change of "opinion" . Despite multiple well documented requests, CASA steadfastly refused to justify their action.

It has nothing at all to do with Safety, I can assure you!!!!

Last edited by glenb; 23rd Aug 2019 at 04:28.