PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EagleJet in this market? Really?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 10:02
Pinuz89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the last post, it's not easy to find a job if you don't have a TR and hours.
Before saying what I'm going to tell, I would like to underline that I undergone several assessment, with differents airlines.
And it turned out that only experienced people (or lucky people) got their first job, without pulling out more money.

Just for making an example, on my last interview only 1 guy got the job out of 6, and, on my second to last only 1 over 7. And in both cases those guys had a previous job in aviation (one with 8000h and 3/4 TRs), nothing to do with fresh pilots coming from the MCC.

So even if experience is not required on the job advertisement, it's still preferable, and if you are a fresh student, you'll be on the bottom of the list.
Maybe one or two years ago the scenario was better than now.

So the question is: is it better to remain on the ground having spent 100k (more or less), or spending 40k more and having more chances, no matter how ethic or moral this choice is ?
Because I'm honest and not hypocrite, I would chose the second one.

And for who was telling, by the way, that P2F is unethical, please answer these questions:

- How ethical is an MPL where they ask you 150k (more or less), when an integrated course is just half of it ? (maybe because you are buying a job, or paying the TR and line training ?)

- How ethical are airlines that ask you to pay the TR (30k or more), without giving you any contract on hand before having finished the course itself ?

- How ethical are guys that had a job, by luck of the period, and are blaming other unlucky guys for incompetence, or attitude lack, when actually the reason is only that they were looking for a job in the wrong period ?

It's easy in this world to take shots at people with the same or better preparation, but less luck !