PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress Turkey
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 09:54
OB.1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLew
Just wanted to give a bit of an insight into my experience with SXS recruitment.

So to begin with there is the ITEP which is not difficult at all whether you are a native English speaker or not if you have level 4 or above English you should be able to pass this.

Then comes the first visit to Antalya to take the Mollymawk’s (you do have to pay for these tests by the way folks), again these are not the most difficult of aptitude tests! Yes you do need to practice or you will indeed fail them but when I did mine most of the guys passed and here’s the other bonus...if you do happen to fail them they will give you the chance to re-take them so failing the Mollymawk’s isn’t an instant out!

After the you have the Mollymawk results you will be invited to a simulator assessment in Antalya again. This assessment is undertaken in a Level D 737-800 sim and the HR team will issue you with a simulator assessment guide so you can study and practice in the run up to the assessment. There are no surprises with the assessment and for guys fresh out of flight school there aren’t any failures to deal with either. You will pass this assessment if you have good handling skills but you must also be a good crew member, if the SXS pilot that is sat next to you points something out tell them you’re correcting and correct it!! They are looking for perfection they are looking for a good crew member with a reasonable flying ability. You will find out within a couple of days if you have been successful (at this stage I would guess the pass rate is around 50% or so)

Once you have passed this you will then make a third and final visit to Antalya for the interview. I cannot stress enough that you must study for this!! (I found Ace the Technical Pilot Interview book to be extremely helpful as it gives you the perfect basis of knowledge to be successful in this interview). Regarding the interview format you will begin with some questions from HR which delves into your background and how you find yourself sat in front of the interviewers today. After this come the technical questions, expect some these to be related back to what you wrote on the self presentation document as it seems they are wanting to see not only what you have learnt from your ATPLs but also from past experiences, I was also given a few quick fire mental arithmetic questions and ATC read backs to complete. Then comes the psychologist (Melina Rauch - Owner of the Mollymawk tears) she is a very nice person and will just ask you a few questions to try and get an idea of your personality, nothing too difficult, just be honest and this part will be the easiest of the interview. After this is finished they will ask you to leave the room whilst the deliberate, within 5 to 10 minutes you will be called back in and you will find out there and then if you have been successful, whether you are or aren’t they will give you a debrief and offer you advice to take forward with you.

I will say I have been lucky and I am due to start in autumn subject to my work permit being approved (shouldn’t be a problem there but always be cautious) but this has been one of the most straightforward recruitment processes I have been through. There is a lot of time for you to prepare yourself thoroughly and if you do prepare yourself thoroughly then there is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to pass all stages and be offered a position flying 737-800s!

You will find everyone that you come into contact with at SXS cannot help you enough and they are probably the most friendly team of recruiters I have encountered. If anyone wants to know anymore or anyone is starting in autumn feel free to PM me!

Hi PilotLew!,

You've been kind for all your information. Could you give me more details about maths, science and english, please ?