PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 22nd Aug 2019, 05:59
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 402 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by Laguna123

My first post as I have had an interest in this from the start and sat and watched what people have been saying.

Maintenance has started to become an issue for obvious reasons.

My understanding is that from what Mr Penney has stated is that the aircraft was due an MOT at the end of the year, so a good guess is December.

So other flights in the said aircraft could have taken place before the fatal night.
i suppose my thoughts are: could this of have been an in flight issue not caused by bad maintenance if the aircraft had clocked up a fair few miles since its MOT. This can certainly happen in a Car even after a few weeks of it passing its Test. failure of parts
Laguna, that is why an aircraft used for public transport is required to be on a regular inspection and maintenance programme, controlled by the authorities. With an aircraft you don't just wait until the "MOT" to see if anything needs doing. An aircraft used on a merely private basis isn't required to be maintained quite so strictly.
Obviously, regular maintenance on an aircraft costs a lot of money.

This is one of the reasons why real professional operators get very upset by amateurs undercutting them on price and therefore on safety. See the posts placed here by SND, for example.