PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2019, 11:52
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDS
Wizz flights aren't primarily designed for tourism.

They're typically used by immigrant workers visiting friends and relatives. Lincolnshire/Yorkshire are excellent catchments for this type of traffic, and besides travelling to Luton face little competition.
Respectfully, recently DSA themselves have begun to market routes like Timisoara, as ' a tourist destination'.
Also we are still stuck in the mindset that everyone on a Wizz flight is a migrant. But ironically I was chatting to a local Polish friend , who thinks ( naturally) Wizz is a great product, bit he said that there are often tourists on the flights as , like any country Poland ( as an example) has a lot of stunning places .

Also keeping in mind , they are adding routes , so this becursed Brexit drama , seems not to be affecting their offerings, which are up by one flight from the summer , this coming winter .
Also with better timings , and I'm sure while not common , you could in theory pickup a dirt cheap flight to Warsaw then take advantage of connections to , ' city break or tourist destinations' not offered unless you travel to London or Dublin .

Ok granted such pax could be counted on one hand , but Wizz would not be introducing routes like Moldova , which I'm not certain there is a huge Moldovan local population.
So it is clearly a Tourist choice as per the DSA announcement, repleat with colourful photos of stunning city scenes !.