PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Aug 2019, 03:06
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Commercial Impact of CASAs action, yet again

I write to CASA again on 09/11/18

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thankyou for your letter. I appreciate the effort that is being put into the clarification around the aviation safety standards. That’s probably more of an issue to be resolved within CASA and I need to focus on minimising the impact on me. Its already dragged on way too long.

This has gone more than two weeks, and quite frankly I am at the “end of my tether”. I am exhausted, stressed, anxious and need this to come to an end. I cannot be affected by CASA trying to “get its house in order”.

Most importantly, the impact on me. I will be short and blunt. Seriously, just stop for one minute and imagine how I feel. I have an enormous burden on me. Far too much, and to be frank, I just want this over. I am extremely worried about my health and welfare. Your action against me has caused harm to me.

Your action was highly inappropriate, and it has affected me. It is unfair and bullying and intimidating in its nature.My complaint is against you and my CMT. I want this complaint accelerated to the highest appropriate person within CASA.

For perfect clarity. I wish to lodge a formal complaint at the highest levels available to me. I am of the opinion that you are “stalling” me and “buying time”. My complaint is against my Regional Manager and my CMT.

I feel that CASA actions compromise and degrade safety. Please clearly outline the procedure to ensure my complaint is being registered at the highest levels available to me.

My allegations will be highly substantive in nature. It is not appropriate that I am dealing with you, any more.I am going to be very direct and itemise my concerns and clarify the situation.

I require specific responses to my questions listed below.

1. At this stage I am extremely anxious to put any more money into APTA until CASA has this fully resolved. There will be no payments made for jobs until this is fully clarified and I have “clear and concise aviation safety standards. Please acknowledge this specific statement. As the Business Owner that is a reasonable request. I am a Business Owner given 7 days’ notice of a cessation of activities, and that is not based on a safety claim. This is absurd.

2. I am of the opinion that this action against me was triggered from within my own CMT. I have repeatedly tried to clarify this, and you continue to ignore my query. Can you allay my concerns? Can you confirm that the “trigger” was generated by my own CMT or was it initiated elsewhere? An answer to that question ill assist me to ascertain if my own CMT is acting to bring harm to me and my Business. You have chosen to repeatedly ignore this request and quite simply that is not fair. The request is reasonable and must be attended to.

3. In the interests of safety, I have made repeated requests to have a change of CMT. The request is reasonable. Can you specifically address this request? It has been made repeatedly of you. The request is based on safety concerns. It is unreasonable that you continue to ignore this request.

4. I am formally requesting that this matter be passed on to someone other than yourself. As you were the signatory to the letter that initiated the cation, it is reasonable that I think you could be complicit in bringing harm to me and my Business. My claims are valid. They are against you and the CMT. Therefore, I formally request that you hand this matter over to someone within CASA that has my confidence and trust. Understandably for me, you are not the person that I should be dealing with.

5. APTA has repeatedly advised that the contracts are available for viewing on site. The contents of the contracts are identical to the ones that have been provided to you numerous occasions, many months ago. You already have all of the information in order to make a determination. The only difference being that the filed contracts are “signed” and “dated”. The signature and date are not important to you being able to decide. Therefore, I do not feel it relevant. Can you specifically identify if it is the signature that is critical to your determination? As I stated before, you have had all required information, prior to initiating this action, so I do not feel that they are relevant. Your request must be valid and have a justifiable reason.

Your action is currently and continuing to bring harm to me and my Business. I wish to discuss with the relevant person within CASA reimbursement and potentially compensation. Can you please clearly outline the procedure. In summary. I wish my complaint to be accelerated. I require a response by 5PM today. I need to try and go into this weekend carrying reduced stress levels. It is imperative. Glen Buckley