PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 19th Aug 2019, 14:27
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Niall Dementia

No it doesn’t. The whole flight was illegal, CO poisoning doesn’t let anybody off the hook, from the statement by the engineer/airfield owner things may be even worse. An illegal flight in an aircraft that may have been known to have airworthiness problems. I truly hope that someone goes to prison for a very long time.

Illegal CAT still goes on despite this sorry mess, reporting it achieves bugger all. This was a high profile accident, I know of at least 2 others, one with no injuries, one where just the pilot died. Hopefully Sala’s death may help shine a light on all the cowboys who think that what they do is acceptable practice.

SND
SND, whilst I could see the causal link between the death and hiring an unqualified pilot if the unqualified pilot lost control because the flight was way beyond his abilities, I can't see the causal link between hiring the unqualified pilot and death due to CO poisoning unless your allegation is that a qualified pilot would have identified the leak before death occurred or are you suggesting that the Aircraft Manager knew of the CO leak and allowed the flight to take place anyway or that he was so negligent in the maintenance of the aircraft that an accident was likely to occur?