PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This does not bode well...
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2019, 14:01
Freehills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sqwak7700

Sorry, but not even close freehills. And if you consider the NVA a private army you are only proving my point.

Still waiting for your example of a private army not working too well. Or even for a government agency that works, which was my original challenge.

The reason you can’t provide examples is because there are none. Government is run by people that earn a living ensuring its existence. Guess what comes first, providing a service, or guaranteeing they have a job? Maybe some started with honest intentions, but they eventually end up in the same place when they remove the power from the people.
I am interested in where a private army sent the British packing. In the US, both the militia and the continentals were state armies, not private, similar to the VC and NVA, which were also not private armies.

private armies not working well - the reunification of China by the KMT - the private warlord armies all lost. Or the invasion of Italy by the French in 1494 - the Italian cities relied on hired private mercenary armies that were no match for a national army.

ATC is a government agency that works well.