PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Flight Instructor’s Exam
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2019, 13:18
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are Grade 1 instructors who were not required to do the PIRC exam.

Remember when you were distributing your excel spreadsheet on pprune all those years ago? You sent me a copy, thanks. I established you were a young bloke starting out in instructor land. Younger than me. It's not hard to deduct over the passage of time and from posts. Now, you're in an Australian Airline, flying, I'd guess, an A320?

It has NOT been the same exam for the last 25 years.

You are either cherry picking my comments or interpreting them the way you want to hear (or read) them. Your perogative I spose.

'Didn't feel the need to re-invent the wheel'..............let's ponder that shall we, nothing changes in 25 years you're suggesting. WOW, if that's the case let's go back to un-just culture.
  • You claimed the exam has been 'plucked out of the ass'. Its been around for decades. What is your response to this?
  • You claimed there is no guidance material. The CASA website provides a metric tone of it. What is your response to this?
  • You claimed an instructor rating candidate is being taught the course by someone who hasn't passed the exam. Given that it'll be a Grade 1 instructor doing the teaching, and to hold that rating he/she would have passed the PMI exam, which is literally the exact same thing, this statement is patently false. What is your response to this?
Point 1. The PIRC exam in it's current format has been around for decades has it? Don't think so, oldmate Ascend Charlie pointed that out.
Point 2. I did NOT say there was no guidance material, someone else said that.
Point 3. You are wrong.

I wonder how an instructor could improve their ability to work with students...
Well, gees, going out and doing it? Not before you've passed PIRC of course.