PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of visual references
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2019, 11:14
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
DDW - the difference is that I make remarks based on the organisation, the equipment, the SOPs or the incidents yet you and others just hurl personal abuse because you don't like what I have to say.

I may have gone OTT sometimes in the past but only because I care about UK SAR - I still work with experienced SAR operators, ex-RN, er RAF and ex-Civ and we routinely discuss such incidents as this one and my opinions don't really differ from theirs.

Re Bristow criticisms - I have lost count of the times I have been told by ex-colleagues that some of my concerns about civilianising SAR were correct, especially in the early days of the contract.

I am quite aware that the service is maturing nicely and getting the job done well - as it should with the latest aircraft and equipment.

If you don't like my 'nasty self righteous nonsense' then fine but don't just call me names, counter my arguments with facts - like you failed to do with the pay scales issue. The report on this incident seems to support my initial comments.

Feel free to PM me to remove your anonymity so we can have a proper discussion but I don't expect you will.