PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Aug 2019, 20:43
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... from the people I know, a lot of the issues seem to be centred around claiming stuff back. Also it seems it’s hard now to get stuff done outside of Qatar.

For me the change in provider hasn’t made too much of a difference, with Allianz I only really used it for a handful of Dermatology appointments and prescriptions (in Qatar) and a couple of pairs of glasses.

I spoke to the guy in the QROC the other day... and it’s basically the same process, no pre-authorisation, just go straight to the hospital (Al Ahli is my
preferred) and it’s covered, subject to a 20% participation fee for the consultation (it was 10 with Allianz).

I’m from the UK, so for anything serious, unless physically unable, i’d much rather drag myself back to the UK and get treatment on the NHS with British trained or based doctors (as was the case with Allianz). Obviously for people from other countries that have a private healthcare system, they may rely on their company healthcare scheme a bit more.