PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down at Braidwood, NSW
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2019, 01:57
Aerodiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Aircraft down at Braidwood NSW

Yes that previous Liberty crash at Camden was my aircraft and it was put down into a paddock from off base leg at Camden. It was definitely an inadvertent lean on the electric trim. I checked the trim position straight after and it was on full nose up trim.(there was nothing wrong with the aircraft).
Reference the current accident ... we lost a bank run Aerostar year’s ago stalled tightening the turn onto final. On giving Aerostar Endorsements I get a clearance up to 8000 ft over Richmond and tell the student at 148 kts to roll into a steep turn and pull back to the stall and it will suddenly (within a second) flick upside down and go verticall and it usually then takes him several thousand feet to pull out. they will then usually say I didn’t know an aeroplane would do that no one has ever shown that to me before.
Very few instructors I speak to have ever experienced stall off a steep turn from off level flight, much less taught it.
Whenever you hear of a sudden wing drop followed by a vertical dive into the ground from a low level turn you can be certain what caused it.