PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air present working conditions
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 04:01
Truckdriverhsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand the hostility towards asian airlines and the culture, so id like to clarify some facts. Some facts mentioned in this thread are undeniably correct, but also includes factors you should consider when accepting them as your reference. I cannot speak for all asian countries nor airlines, but the below information, is just for your reference and others with probably the same question.

Just to add to some validity, i was a full sponsored ab-initio cadet working in a national carrier in east Asia as a National pilot, so am very fortunate, and as most western pilots would dispise, a 1000hr wide body jet First Officer. I did not grow up in my home country, it would be considered i grew up in the west, a banana some might consider.

Some advice first. Get your command hours first, no countries in the world are short of First Officers. You'll have much greater leverage, options and bargain power once you have your command hours, even if you are to apply for NTR Captains in Asia.

So, whats up with the hostility towards asian pilots? Yes, we do not welcome expats, there i said it. Just like how the US/EU carriers DO NOT accept pilots who are non-citizens/residences. All countries, want to protect their own labour opportunities, especially in the avaition industry. The fact that we do, shows that Asia is definitely still short of pilots (captain mostly ofcourse).

Instructors, are not god. I dont know what information or what pilots other people have met, and ive come across national instructors, south african instructors, Australian instructor a whole lot, and people are people, there are instructors who you just dont like, nor do they like you, it depends on your attitude and skill too, does it not? As if working in western airlines dont have this issue. Im going to come clean though, some specific airlines or fleets do have a higher possibly to meeting such instructors, but most are freindly.

As for being an expat, it depends what life or monetary compensation you expect to be honest. Most are concerned about wages and leaves and rosters obviously. I can provide you some insight.

CA flagship carrier monthly salary average to USD11,000-15,000, there may or maynot be taxes, housing allowance, per diem etc.

Expect 10 consecutive days leave a month, with complimentary business class tickets each month to go home.

The other 20 days, you can expect **** roster as most has correctly stated. Work your ass off, minimum rest.

I personally, enjoy this, i like having weeks long consecutive days off.

​​