PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAF - Missionary Aviation Fellowship - Flight Simulator in PNG
Old 9th Aug 2019, 17:27
longrass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
I assume local donations to MAF donations are tax deductible, but the US tax system encourages such donations, in several different forms, to a much greater extent than AU.
Tootle pip!!
Regardless of who you want to give your money too, regardless of whether you want to give money or not, if the concession laws in Australia were more relaxed, there would be much more money in the system to give. I can’t write of my $1k to Israel Folau through the Australian Christian Lobby, under the banner of supporting freedom of speech (which means I have to donate it out of post tax profits), but if I want to give $1k to Reproductive Rights Australia and have my money go in researching quicker and more efficient ways of discontinuing life by cutting the spinal cord of a child still in the womb, then that’s cool, and I can use their tax invoice to reduce my tax paid.

Pretty weird system if you ask me.

Despite the religious aspect, regardless of whether you believe or not, the libertarian in all of you should support the right of the people to give their pre tax dollars to people who are willing to do the work they are not.

I can employ someone to kill unborn children in the womb and I can employ someone to deliver bibles, but if I want someone else to do it on contract, I can only write off one.

Food for thought.