PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair UK pilots vote for strike
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2019, 06:51
Gove N.T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_stranger
But why blame the pilots and not management for letting it come this far? If a strike is the only option to be treated a little more humane, what do you expect?

A strike is a last resort, MOL and his cronies could have been just a little more thoughtful and the situation would never have been so bad.
surely by now most sensible people would realise what they’re getting in to when choosing to work for MoL and his ratshti company.
so I have no time for the management and little time for those who work for the company who complain about industrial relations.. I actively sought to tell my children not to fly with that company because of the cynical way the employees are treated. However, choosing a period in mid summer holiday season to strike is a cynical move too,
As to the report that pilots have families too which can’t travel in the holiday season raised by another contributor; my point about choice applies too. The pilot chooses to work for the company in full knowledge that they may be called to work during holiday seasons so has no legitimate right to whinge.
I don’t have a problem with strikes for legitimate reasons but it’s the “I reluctantly choose this period” load of old bull. That said, we just have to look at the other unions in the UK and Aus which cry crocodile tears.
my kids have cancelled and I will fight any fees they incur.