PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 10:53
just another jocky

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Legalapproach
just another jocky - basic qualifications are:
PhD, MSc, BEd(Hons), CErgHF, MIEHF, FRAeS, Editor and Principal Author CAP737 (CAA Human Performance Factors Manual)
The qualifications of the defence principal medical expert were
BSc, PhD, MB ChB, DAvMED, MRAeS, FFOM, ASCAB, Principal Medical Advisor QinetiQ

CI is a recognised medical condition that can arise from a number of factors. For the physiological issues in this case see my post at #132 above.

There was no issue that they were both highly qualified to act as experts and give the evidence/opinions they did.

A number of people have remarked that the best/most expensive lawyers won. Whilst extremely flattering, the prosecution lawyers are both highly respected, capable barristers who could only act with the hand they were dealt. They dealt with the case doggedly and professionally and I retain nothing but the highest respect for them. They suffered from an inherent lack of aviation knowledge and more importantly a lack of such amongst some of the people who were advising them. As a result the prosecution proceeded on a number of false assumptions including a number of criticisms of AH's previous flying that they subsequently had to abandon. There were further criticisms that they had to withdraw before ever getting to the jury as a result of representations we made to the prosecution and the trial judge.

Both sides were on publicly funded rates and I expect paid pretty much the same.
Many thanks for that Sir.

As an aside, I did not mean to give the impression that I was doubting his ability to act as an expert witness.