PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redhill
Thread: Redhill
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2019, 10:24
Lawyerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redhill

Morning all.

Mid life crisis, dawning realisation that for the love of all that's holy there must be more to it all than this, pick your reason, but after some 20 years of sitting behind a desk I've decided to call it a day and finally do what I always wanted to do, which is to try and get myself a commercial licence (and with it, I'd rather hope, a job).

Longer term members of this forum might recall that I nearly - but not quite - managed to get my PPL some years ago. I'm sitting on 60 hours, did my QXL, did most of the written exams, but alas life got in the way and I never did do the flight test.

Now 46 years old, am looking to go down the modular route, and first step is to complete the PPL. I live near Gatwick, so Redhill would appear to be the most logical place to do that, and that leads me to the whole point of the post: do you have any recommendations for flight schools there? Based purely on their websites I'm leaning towards Redhill Aviation, but also did a couple of flights with Cubair a couple of years ago and got on fairly well with them (and in truth I prefer their DA-20 to Redhill's C-152).

Any thoughts gratefully received.