PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best training pace
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 16:57
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best training pace

Hello,

I am currently wondering about training pace. Some school like L3 will take up to 7 months to provide a CPL MEIR (last year a friend of mine did that)
Others like DFAS will wrap it up in about 2 months.

From a financial and personal point of view, it's quite obvious that the fastest is the best. Cheaper requires no explanation as why it's better, faster is better because everbody is so impatient to sit on seat 0B.

But from a quality point of view ?
Is there an ideal training pace, like one flight per week, one flight every two days, one flight per day, two per day, as fast as possible ?
Schools like DFAS must be at about two flights per day, five days per week placing the theoretical duration of the CPL MEIR at 6-7 weeks + any delay due to cancellations/weather/other, placing the total at about 7 to 9 weeks.
Schools like L3 must be at about 3 flights per week, which is 5 months + delay, giving 6 or 7 months of real duration.

I really have no idea why some schools would choose a fast pace and others a slower one.

So I'm asking for your opinions.
What's your take on the subject ? Which is best ? Does it depend on the student ? Do fast schools like DFAS have any problem in passing statistics due to their fast pace ?