PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE skills assessment
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 15:11
JackPerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of points based on the above posts.

Firstly, In my Stage 2 I was allowed a calculator, they gave me one. Even though the instructions said do not use one.
In my Stage 3 that included a resit of the same physics test, they said no calculators allowed. If there is a logic to this it's beyond me.

Regarding the ADAPT tests, apart from the CAE maths and physics CBT products on their website, which is absolutely worth the money and will help you prepare (and in all honesty, I'm a science guy so I quite enjoyed watching the videos) I would say that it is not terribly productive to spend time trying to prepare for the other ADAPT assessments. That is to say -- though i did use Pilot Aptitude Test and Latest Pilot Jobs, and though they did offer a reasonable representation of the ADAPT elements, they didn't really offer any preparation beyond the observation that "oh I recognise this!". The "ball game" is based on your ability to manage hand eye coordination, the FAST test designed to test your situational awareness. Much of the variables in these "in the moment" type tests are established as you are doing the test. What I'm saying is that you ARE expected to prepare for a physics exam, but you aren't really expected to prepare for an ab initio pilot aptitude test - they're just not designed that way.
But this is in no way to discourage people from preparing as best they can with the products available, I just think ones performance on these tests are based on a natural aptitude, as the name would suggest. Rather than the month or two I practiced the "Ball game recreation"