PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 10:51
Caramba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know the truth.....

airsound - thank you for your sensible and informed posts. It is deeply regrettable that the press completely misrepresented the court proceedings for AH, and as you say, seemed solely to rely on prosecution press releases.

it is my clear understanding that the prosecutions star witnesses were comprehensively trashed - one had clearly not done his homework about previous events involving AH, the other was forced to admit that his estimations of G were wrong. It might be helpful if some of the entrenched critics present here were aware of what a dismal case the prosecution mounted. I’m surprised the judge did not suggest that they not appear again as experts in the the future. Or maybe he did?

Whether or not previous BoIs have been subverted I have no idea - but if correct, that is truly dismal and one wonders how many more accidents and deaths might have been avoided if the plain simple truth had been sought and obtained. At least the case against AH has been heard and dismissed. But given Wing Cdr Green’s admission in court, one wonders why the AAIB does not re-examine the evidence and its report.