PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 10:25
airsound

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Do I need to go on?
No, Homelover, I think you’ve already gone on quite enough!

Some of us are more interested in finding out why an experienced display pilot behaved in this way. As one of the expert witnesses put it in his trial evidence, when referring to the eight or more unconnected errors that occurred shortly after 'Point X' in the manoeuvre sequence, “Why would any display pilot in his right mind do that?”

Have you actually seen any of the detailed video coverage of the flight? If you had, I think you would probably be asking the same question.

It is the question I’m asking - and I suggest the existence of that question is not dissimilar to the situation of the late Flt Lts Jonathan Tapper and Richard Cook after the Mull of Kintyre disaster. In their case, it took many years for the finding of their guilt to be overturned by the revelation of hitherto concealed evidence. Or, incidentally, are you, Homelover, perhaps one of those people who still cling to the idea of their guilt?

But despite the confirmation of their innocence, as tucumseh and Chugalug point out, no one else has apparently even been investigated, never mind prosecuted, despite ample publicly available evidence to support such actions. And the same situation demonstrably applies in many other British military aviation fatalities, up to and including the death of Flt Lt Sean Cunningham, Red 5

Whereas Andy Hill was prosecuted - and in this case, his innocence has been established.

We still need to know, though, why he did as he did. As, I suspect, does he - to say nothing of the desperate need of the families and loved ones of the people who died that day on the A27. And, as Distant Voice suggests, an answer to that question may also have relevance for some of the other hitherto unexplained incidents.

airsound

Last edited by airsound; 6th Aug 2019 at 10:32. Reason: adding Chug