PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2019, 19:27
airsound

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Homelover - I’ve stayed out of jousting with you because you seem so far out of kilter that I imagined that you would be rapidly shot down. But your latest references to puppy poo, and your statement that
If you start a loop too low and too slow, and don’t abandon it when you don’t make your gate height at the top, then you’re guilty of poor judgement and poor airmanship. If you continue with the manoeuvre and you end up killing innocent people, then your decisions must be held to account. It’s time to hold your hands up and say “guilty as charged”.
are so far beyond the facts that I have to confront you.

Andrew Hill was not “guilty as charged”. A jury of eleven people unanimously found him not guilty of manslaughter by gross negligence. That after an Old Bailey trial that lasted eight weeks, and included a day’s consideration by the jury of their verdict.

I was there for almost all the eight weeks of the trial, and it was my firm impression that the jury, encouraged by the judge, formed their judgement after hearing the evidence of the expert witnesses for the defence.

Of course, if you were only able to form your judgements from the reporting in many national newspapers, you might have missed that. Most of their reporters were noticeably absent from much of the trial. In fact, they seemed largely to have drawn their conclusions from the opening presentations of the prosecution - which were later roundly demolished by defence witnesses. But by that time, those national paper reporters had lost interest. Not so the jury, who were obliged, of course, to consider all the evidence.

airsound

Last edited by airsound; 5th Aug 2019 at 19:57.