PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2019, 15:16
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bex88
I was told by a neighbour on our street that I should be ashamed of myself. He said it’s disgusting that I am earning 200k whilst others struggle........FFS........I don’t earn half that and thus far I have not done anything. I certainly don’t feel “safe and secure” when the company allows these articles to go unchallenged
Pretty similar situation, different country. I was pretty sure that my company black ops was behind worried journos that claimed we worked about 70 hrs a month while earning what was more than double the pay we had at the time and public interest loving editors that put "Lazy pilots" on their frontpages, so I wasn't really surprised when that same papers refused to print union's correction even as an advertisement. Most neighbours choose just to give me stern looks, except for the one who went vocal. So I offered him our HR phone so he can apply for my position. Upon learning he has no licence or medical, I offered him to connect him with the buddy of mine who runs flight school and quoted him the approximate price for CPL + fATPL. To this day I can't understand what made him perform about face with not quite happy expression when I just tried to be helpful.

Folks, waste no time on union PR, Joe Public should carry the same weight in union - company relations as Jack Schidt does. Convincing pilots that public opinion matters is merely management's demoralization tool. Don't fall for it.

I suspect BA Management don't want staff becoming owners of IAG and having too much influence on the business.
Then they can perform the revolutionary, never-seen-before method of paying bonus in cash instead of in shares or options.

may not as be as beneficial to staff as originally intended
Yup, giving employees extra money surely wrecks original intention of building employees' character by making them suffer due to low pay.