PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2019, 14:21
Tight Accountant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Mixmaster
When you have companies like Jet2 and EasyJet willing to share profits with their pilots your above “legacy” argument holds no water.

Quite correct it’s a Senior Management decision, the fact that IAG/BA Senior Management are insisting on unspecified “change initiatives” to self fund the package on offer is the very reason for the current Industrial Dispute. The unity displayed by BALPA so far is commendable and I would argue the administration costs for the implementation and maintenance of a share save scheme would be a drop in the ocean compared to the losses incurred from strike action.
I think you have conflated my two previous posts BA culture and employee share schemes. It isn't just the admin which is painful, it is all the other items such as the accounting and tax issues which cause pain. Also, I suspect BA Management don't want staff becoming owners of IAG and having too much influence on the business. Digressing, looking into the history and origins of the current dispute, the will rub is that Balpa negotiated a pay cut of 2.6% some years ago and correct me if I'm wrong, never argued the case for reinstatement at a predetermined date? To me, that seem to poor negotiating but before everyone criticises, I'm an outsider looking in.