PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dr Raoul Tunbridge OAM
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2019, 00:28
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
The finest of men.

Having done my first medical back with him many years ago, most of those in between, and the honor of his last medical only a few years back, he was indeed a "gift". I had the pleasure of running a business directly opposite him for many years, and had the opportunity to chat frequently and pleasurably. I always walked away after a conversation with him feeling enriched.

He was an advocate for many, but would have been an advocate for all of you. For those that cruised through their medicals you may not have had the opportunity to get to really know the man. If needed, I can assure you he would have been there for each and every one of you. Not because he was anti CASA. He wasn't. He was simply an advocate of facts, truth, integrity, fairness, etc.

I appreciate that his contributions extend far beyond the aviation industry, but this industry is also a lot greater for his presence, and what a presence it was. Whether he got the opportunity to help you or not, I know he would love to see as many of his fellow aviators at his service as possible. He will be looking down on those uniforms very proudly, as he indeed deserves.

Lionel Taylor has offered to accept text messages on his mobile phone which he has approved me to publish - 0413012330. If you are attending in a uniform and would like to be part of the Guard of Honor, please text him a simple message with your name. Its difficult for him to take calls. Cheers. Glen