PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Aug 2019, 09:44
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by UltraFan
Has Mr.Bahrami slept through the past six months? He still blames the Lion Air pilots. And Burleson's remark "I do believe the fundamental process of how we went about certifying the Max was sound" is both laughable and horrifying. He is either too stupid to realize his mistakes or too corrupt to admit them.

And what upsets me most is that nobody is even trying to mention the fundamental contradiction between two main FAA missions - promote aviation and provide oversight thereof. It's like assigning pest control to PETA. In this case, just like in many other cases before that, those two tasks collided at full speed with devastating results. I just cannot understand why not transfer the certification and airworthiness tasks to NTSB and leave the promotional mission to FAA?
It is very hard to move forward when stuck in the past & we did "so good" in the past. From the outside the FAA (officials) has some very deep issues and they seem to live in a very different land to the rest of us.

Imagine these FAA officials getting questioned by industry experts, not just some politicians.