PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREXIT
Thread: BREXIT
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2019, 19:09
alicopter

@Fly Airprt I would not try to make sense of this Brexit business. Most people around me (I spend a fair amount of time in the UK (Suffolk) and have lived and paid taxes there for about 30 years) and all the Brexiters I know voted Leave to give Cameron a kick up the "horse", all the while being persuaded Remain would win. Leave was an accident and all of them now are sorry and want to remain. A few opportunists like BJ and NF have seen an opening and are having a go at it but they themselves do not even believe they can be successful. You can actually "feel" it around, there is now a huge number of people, mainly the youngs (I have a 30 years old daughter and a 32 years old son and all their friends and relations will vote Remain when the next vote comes round, probably very soon. It's the same around the rest of the EU where populists have made themselves heard louder than usual but like Italy (look what's going on there!) and Eastern European countries, even Putin... they are on the way back to where they come from... Personnally, I am 100% sure the UK will never leave (even if I often think the rest of the EU would be better off without them... but after all, I do love around 50% of the British people I know and would be sad to see them leave, even more so the Irish and the Scotish) This is mostly an English tantrum... they'll get over it.