PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 3rd Aug 2019, 10:24
DrongoDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harrryw
That is not how I see § 61.3 Requirement for certificates, ratings, and authorizations.(a)Required pilot certificate for operating a civil aircraft of the United States. No person may serve as a required pilot flight crewmemberof a civil aircraft of the United States, unless that person:

(1) Has in the person's physical possession or readily accessible in the aircraft when exercising the privileges of that pilot certificate or authorization -

(i) A pilot certificate issued under this part and in accordance with § 61.19;

(ii) A special purpose pilot authorization issued under § 61.77;

(iii) A temporary certificate issued under § 61.17;

(iv) A document conveying temporary authority to exercise certificate privileges issued by the Airmen Certification Branch under § 61.29(e);

(v) When engaged in a flight operation within the United States for a part 119 certificate holder authorized to conduct operations under part 121 or 135 of this chapter, a temporary document provided by that certificate holder under an approved certificate verification plan;

(vi) When engaged in a flight operation within the United States for a fractional ownership program manager authorized to conduct operations under part 91, subpart K, of this chapter, a temporary document provided by that program manager under an approved certificate verification plan; or

(vii) When operating an aircraft within a foreign country, a pilot license issued by that country may be used.

Part .1 says a US cert
Part vii says a local cert MAY be used

ie either a US or an Australian certificate.
Well yes I thought it was obvious that you could fly a N-reg aircraft anywhere in the world if you had a FAA FCL.

Otherwise every United/Delta pilot would have a myriad of licences from every corner of the Earth.

Last edited by DrongoDriver; 3rd Aug 2019 at 11:04.