PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2019, 20:34
Gypsy Heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl
Hey guys,

Just thought I’d update you all on my application journey, since everyone here has been so kind with their helpful info!

Online Application - 23/03
Assessment Day Invite 24/04
Assessment Day - 02/05
XREF link - 03/05
Additional Info Email - 09/05
Background Check Portal Link - 03/06
Submitted Background Check - 04/07
Background Check Completed - 30/07

Yesterday, I received an email from Qantas congratulating me on passing my security check... and that I have been placed on indefinite hold. I am so devastated because I am so unhappy in my current job and was hanging onto this glimmer of hope that I’d be in GS by October at the latest.

I’ve read through this entire forum a hundred times, and saw that people were waiting up to 1 YEAR to get contacted for GS, and had to redo all their certificates (I got all mine done 2 months ago.. It’s a Virgo thing haha!)

I had a cry to my mum about it for ages and she looked at me like the dumbest kid on earth! Saying that I have made it past hundreds of other applicants and that I should be grateful to get this far, and that gods timing will come into play when it needs to!

So I’m taking the time to stop sulking, and celebrate my achievement of making it thus far! I’m going to go to the gym 5 times a week (maybe..we’ll see..let’s be real... I’ll go once) and manifest my
Golden Call moment and push through my current toxic work environment.

Really wishing every single one of you the BEST of luck with your applications and can’t wait to see you all on board soon!!
Hi Dreamergirl,

You have done so well! Congratulations on making it through!

I totally understand how you are feeling. I am
in an awful job situation too! I applied for Brisbane and my hopes went through the roof only to receive an email saying there won’t be recruiting anytime in the near future. Literally, heartbroken. But like you I’m hanging in there with hope and trusting Gods timing. It’s so hard. At least you know you HAVE the job! Which is so exciting! It’s the DREAM!!!