PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the answer ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2019, 15:11
justasmallfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting an EASA licence is a great expense and if you dont have EU citizenship you have zero chance of getting a flying job in Europe,Only 1 company here in europe will take zero hour on type and they are not taking any at the moment as far as I know.I did something similar after flight school I did my Instructor rating,2008-09 before I finished I got job on Caravan in Asia via a friend recommending me.One year later I left due bad conditions and pay.Spent a couple years looking for anything without even a chance of Interview,(1100 hours total at this point)
I renewed my Instructor rating and spent 2 years instructing part time ,keeping current and meeting alot in Industry ,I did the A320 rating (2017)without any gurantee of Job,and as with you there was nothing at the end except paying off alot of debt for a useless type rating.I couldnt apply for rated positions they required 500 on type,I couldnt apply non rated as the type rating was on my licence(although I tried)
,I finally let my A320 expire and under EASA it goes on back of your licence so i could apply for non rated again,through Instructing another Insructor put me forward with ATR company which bonded me on type,now with 500 on type and command offer with the company,I have alot more opportunity,
So far my journey has taken 11 years,I ve had some of my students less than half my age finish training with me and go straight into right hand seat 737/320's but I'm happy for them and as a second career I expected aviation to be alot more difficult to progress for me.
I would recommend Instructing,keep current make contacts,within time more options will come up,.
From collegues I know who got into Cebu the open days seemed to be key but generally expect the A320 rating to be dead money and write off the debt as bad investment as I eventually did.
Good luck with what ever you decide