PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL CAE June 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 13:59
pilotfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ventor
Currently Madrid and Brussels are also on hold (at least for Generation EazyJet). I think they run classes for WhiteTail ATPL since CAE response to my request (about 3 weeks ago) was that they had only some place/places available in mid-August in Madrid for EazyJet, the rest will be in 2020 (and to be confirmed by Eazy). Having this said, the lack of places in 2019 are not due to CAE capacity but rather EazyJet 'requirments' (wahtever these requirements might mean - possible the prediction of pilots needed for next years)
Regarding Oxford, I heard that the second part of training will be affected, the stage after USA (multi-engine, IR, etc) and that is because due to Brexit the licences emitted by Oxford will be UK licences not EASA licences. At an open day in Brussels I was informed that CAE is looking into possibility of opening a training center in Belgium (I think Antwerp) to conduct this training and certification (second phase) ,so they will fall under EASA regulation.
So I think this might be the reason why Oxford capacity will be reduced.
As you can imagine there is a lot of uncertainty with 'if and but' .. 'I love Brexit (((( '

Have you accepted an offer yet? at which base?
I've accepted Madrid, but can defer to the September course in Brussels if I need to. Currently just finalising a few things and to make things easier, they've said I can just go on the Brussels course if I don't make the August one in MAD. The team there are very accommodating and have been in regular comms to see if there's anything they can do their end. Glad I chose CAE

On another point, the Madrid contract does not omit Oxford from the training at all, so I'm not sure what happens after Arizona. It does say that the course is subject to change ('mutatis mutandis') without affecting the final outcome, so theoretically speaking, Brexit shouldn't have any impact on the course (although I'm dubious about that...).