PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL CAE June 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 12:08
ventor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lasmith
To offer my six pence on the issue...

I had my stage 3 on 21st May and have had the same experience. I’m ready to go, financially ready to begin and all Medicals etc in place, but CAE, having said they would have 2020 dates by end of July, are now saying they don’t know when they’ll have these and EZY have delayed signing the contracts for next year. Not exactly promising for any of us playing the waiting game!

I was also offered places in Madrid or Brussels for this year as I was given the impression 2020 dates would be coming sooner than is actually the case, and wanted to go travelling before starting. Instead, I’m still in my old job living in a strange state of limbo until EZY pass over those dates.

I spoke to Marcus at CAE the other day and apparently there are 25 future EasyJet cadets waiting on this!

Really hoping they don’t suddenly change their criteria and leave us in the lurch.
Can you say which route they offered you?

I don't think is about changing criteria but more about uncertainty.
I'm not sure if you guys follow politics, but with the current Brexit situation, getting closer day by day to a no-deal scenario, uncertainty has risen across all business. Having this said I think it's quite difficult for EazyJet to predict the number of pilots they can take since in my view this is directly affected by Brexit (deal vs no-deal).
My assumption is that they don't want to offer a place (start date in the program) unless they know they will take you on board once you finish the school. Otherwise, imagine a situation where you will start the school under EazyJet program and then they can not take pilots anymore due to economical situation...
Its a tricky scenario. I will not be surprised if they put everything on hold for the next 3 months (until 31 October Brexit due date) in order to have more accurate predication of the need of pilots for coming years.
EzyJet did all necessary steps to extend to EU 27, but still up to date 70% of their business is in UK or from-to UK, therefore outcome of Brexit may have big impact even if they will have the rights to fly (via EazyJet Europe) but if there are less passengers, there is less need for pilots..

Just to add that this is my personal opinion based on my research and this does not represents a statement from Eazy nor the aviation schools.
I'm also curious what do you guys think.