PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Jul 2019, 13:34
edmundronald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluSdUp
I have been busy lately on fulltime flying the 737-800 and a rather interesting spring and summer on the Home Front, so I have not been following this tread in detail.
The fallout of the MAX debacle is directly effecting my future so, I have great interest in what will soon happen or not happen.
The fact that NTSB soon is ready to speak on the matter is good news, as they are on the top of my list as an independent Organization and has great people with integrity working to keep an Old Skipper safe.
This I appreciate.

With regards to the schedule Boeing and FAA came out with for a return to service before XMass , I am afraid that just got pushed into late January , at best.
I sure hope I am wrong , but I seldom am in these matters. A born realist, or pessimist You may say.
Has worked for me for 31 years.

What worry me the most is the politics in this , and the fact that trust in FAA and Boeing has taken a big hit.
I hope that can be taken care of as a separate issue later and we can get on with flying this beast that I have come to love.

Greetings from Norway
( 32 Celsius , 20 in the Sea)
Cpt B
Cpt B

The fact that the Max incidents occurred in the third world seems to obscure for you and other first world pilots the fact that the MAX design has now been found to be flawed and it is alleged those flaws caused numerous deaths. The flaws need to be corrected, that is a reasonable expectation of the fee-paying passengers, not just "politics".

Edmund

Last edited by edmundronald; 28th Jul 2019 at 13:51.