PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 22:18
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't remember any of the association crying out for JSS, it was BALPA CC that made (or accepted) the decision to bundle it in with a pay rise to get it passed. Personally I don't think it would ever have passed a clean vote of association members so the CC had to hide it in a bundle, pure politics.
I agree that it should never have been part of a pay deal, but it was, and it was put to a vote. Guess what, we voted for it. I feel (with hindsight) it was mis-sold to us but I also feel Balpa reps do what they think is best for the majority and for the long term interests of all BA pilots. And I’m sure they would love the benefit of hindsight but we need someone to make decisions on our behalf. Sometimes they get it right sometimes they don’t. At the end of the day, we get a vote.

I just find it ironic when people talk about “Balpa” as some foreign body who control the direction of the entire group. Balpa is the pilots who choose to join the association. Within each airline group we either act with unity and collective awareness or we look out for ourselves. As a result, we will reap what we sow. I think it really is as simple as that.

Its amazing what can be achieved by working together...