PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 14:14
wingdeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ia1166

nobody smokes in my cockpit. Not now, not ever.

Havent seen any jet airways pilots. Indigo, yes.

i dont do interviews, but anyone suffering line training by my hands does not get an easy ride. Or line checks for that matter.

Maybe try to just be a good line pilot. As per your contract. Cant see anywhere on my contract that critiquing the management is required, or appreciated.

ia1166: you alone are not Vietnam Airlines ! You and a few selected instructors are a positive exception, yet no matter how much you teach or fail the local pilots, they will get “retrained” by local instructors as early as next the day and signed off to go flying. It’s a well known fact and It’s a very flawed system.
No one smoked in my cockpit either when I was there, but the fact is that smoking is still going on on select flight decks and this too will never change.

CM1A320: some points are valid yet how this airline works, it’s purpose, how the locals get their jobs, catering etc. I would once again recommend to my fellow expat colleagues: unless it’s an operational, scheduling or pay issue to just mind your own business, go work, do what you are paid to do, go home and enjoy this beautiful country and all the good it has to offer.
Like any other country, Vietnam has it’s own ways and it’s own culture: this may seem odd and hard to understand for a foreigner. But if you are not happy with the way things work for one reason or the other, just leave. There is no sense to be miserable and bad mouth the company which is currently putting bread on your table.
Cheers and be safe out there.