PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA booming in the USA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 08:38
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rcoight
I have no idea (any more) what people "trying to run an aviation business" are up against - nor do I want to know. I left that world a long time ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me, but

In the scenario I put forth, there is no way in the world that CASA could get away with prosecuting it as some kind of commercial enterprise that requires an AOC.
In that situation, no-one is "trying to run an aviation business".
The logical extension is that no aircraft owner can ever do anything after flying their own aircraft that might make them a bit of money.
What about an aircraft owner who flies to their rental property interstate to tidy it up or install a heater? What about an aircraft owner who flies somewhere to take up a short term contract and then flies home at the end of it? Do they need an AOC?

I very much doubt that CASA would or could try to prosecute in those or any number of other scenarios.

I think what we have here are a number of people who ARE trying to run an aviation business being tripped up by over-zealous CASA employees, which is an entirely different thing altogether, and I'm sure the complaints are also entirely justified. In some cases at least.
My previous post to supply info, I also am happy to supply the same info to you.

Only deal is then you must publicly respond here, the truth you will uncover and name the CAsA person.