PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian jet fighter purchase when?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2019, 18:27
grizzled

Received 77 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi yyzflightpath, and welcome to pprune.

I'm going to cut you some slack -- as you're new here -- and not jump to conclusions about you or make ad hominem attacks, like you did to me: accusing me of "petty and simple-minded regionalism", which I can only assume means you believe criticism of a federal government decision or action that involves my tax dollars, and happens to also involve Quebec, is based on some kind of innate prejudice rather than a considered position or philosophy relating to use of my tax dollars.

I did NOT say, or even allude to not liking the province, nor did I say anything about politicians working only for Quebec votes. Most importantly I was not slagging off Quebec companies; of course there are many Quebec based companies that neither ask for nor receive federal government funds to bail them out. I simply don't like my tax dollars being used to bail out companies that would otherwise be losing great whacks of money, or even be insolvent. Alberta, Quebec, BC -- Nova Scotia, wherever. For a lot of reasons the majority of such bailouts in Canada have been directed to Quebec based enterprises. If you want to continue this discussion with considered opinions, facts and figures, I'm happy to do so.

grizz