PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 21:38
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuses

Originally Posted by MDS
Random anecdote but it appears that the customer service team which handle EU261 complaints are liars.

Since when is DSA not an operating base?

I flew between AGP and DSA back in June and the aircraft was delayed after allegedly being struck by an airbridge in CDG the day before. They're using this as an excuse not to pay out despite the flight being scheduled over 24 hours after this incident. Frustrating to say the least.
Perhaps practice makes perfect - not.

It is the way they insult your intelligence and don't give a damn. I was on the ill-fated Florence - BHX service back in 2014 and after about 50 of the 85 pax had boarded things came to halt and the captain was busy on his mobile before announcing to those on board that the handler had misplaced the push-back bar as they only had one (really). However around an hour later the remaining pax boarded, the tug connected and we departed about 75 minutes late.

We arrived 61 minutes late but during the taxi in at BHX pax were warned that not all bags were on board.....hold on.....clue.... aircraft 175,,clue... temperatures in the mid 20's and clue....the airport was Florence which I think you can join the jots yourself to get the real reason for the delay

Bingo within a month or so the 175 was pulled from the route, the 195 appeared and operated fairly successfully but eventually the route was pulled despite great loads.

It was at the time of 60x60x60 and as it was 61 minutes late I put my claim but also disputing the reason given - I got the £60 voucher within days but no confirmation of the real reason for the delay.

Pete