PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The return of WOW Air
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 13:17
Plane.Silly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by booze
Regardless whether the news about WOW coming back are true or not, is there really a future for these stopover flights via Iceland? Air Transat and TAP are already flying across the Atlantic with their Neo LR-s. JetBlue is about to start and many more to follow, I'm sure. Setting up a new company based on this model is unwise, IMHO. However, making a buck on the model while it can last (see my post above about WZZ/Frontier) would make sense if it's done by established operator(s).
I'd definately agree with you on this. The only benefit to the new operator at the moment is the lack of the obsoleting aircraft. While the A321LR and Max's (assuming they come back) can just about make the stopover redundent, it's the next level aircraft that would seal Icelands fate:
The A321XLR is still 2/3 years away, and the Boeing 797 still hasn't been announced, which would be in service no earlier than 2026,

Therefore you could make hay while the sun shines and get a good few years of operation in before interest starts to wean off.