PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 20:28
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tgo15
Im thinking to move out from china.. its too much already, but some company asking for an important documents release by CAAC. And that’s sounds impossible to get. Anyone ever get it before ?

Moving out from China and going back to Europe? Which possible documents would you need from the riceeaters?

China is a CLEAR no go area if you are making a concious decission considering basic western freedoms. For example - recently another recruitment company tried to get hold of me, I think run by some spanish pilots for various chinese "airlines", after I made clear some basic WESTERN ground rules the young guy(that is now returning to Europe because he filled his money bucket and most likely as well the other one) told me that China is CLEARLY not for me. I fully agree(he approached me via Linkedin, not the other way around).

IF your are a bitch there is acutally an easier way to make money(sorry about my blunt language), WHY would you need to go for that to China. For all of the other guys here there is no real discussion to go there in the first place. Weird place, weird companies(all of them after all), weird authority(and yes, that says someone from EASA land). There is just no way a western pilot could easily blend into that weird bunch. Of course you could fake it(haven't we done that all ;-) - if not wait till you get a bit older^^ ), but this is just not honest.

I am not judging by any means please, but I was actually thinking about China for a very long time. However, not like most of my collegues, I took the time to read THAT book, investigated further, asked questions(which some of them did not like) to companies AND agencies. And the end this is all just a big "bubble". It MIGHT work out, but there are no warranties. For a pilot this is an unacceptable risk(and least for many of us "old style guys" which have been the airline preference for many decades because it ment we where reliable). It might be different for the NG but that is not my beer anymore.

But again - any western company normally is happy with a reference or a record of employment for the last five(5) years. That's it. No other china crap required. Except - maybe - do not go there. Money is not everything in life. Try to get a hold of that weird perspective